Triangle MicroWorks’ Software Libraries provide a cost-effective means of supporting industry-standard protocols in your device. Incorporating our royalty-free Software Libraries in your products will shorten development time, freeing internal resources to work on company proprietary aspects of your products. Triangle MicroWorks Software Libraries are available in two formats: .NET Protocol Components for incorporation in Windows .NET-based products, and ANSI-Standard C Source Code Libraries for all other platforms.
The following are the key features:
- Conforms to DNP3 Level 4+ Subset Definitions requirements.
- Supports any physical communication network including RS 232/485 and TCP/IP.
- Can be used in event-driven or non-event-driven environments.
- Supports binary (input and output), analog (input, deadbands, and output), counter (running and frozen), time objects, virtual terminal, data sets, and internal indications.
- Supports File Transfer objects for transferring large data blocks (e.g., configuration or oscillographic (COMTRADE) data).
- Supports Unsolicited Responses and/or polled Report-By-Exception (RBE) for change event objects.
- Supports function codes for confirm, read, write, select, operate, direct operate, freeze, freeze and clear, cold/warm restart, assign class, enable/disable unsolicited response, and delay measurement.
- Supports qualifier codes for start-stop range (0x00, 0x01), all points (0x06), limited quantity (0x07, 0x08), indexed (0x17, 0x28), and free format (0x1B).
- Supports DNP3 Security.
- Extensive, built-in (but removable) diagnostics including a protocol analyzer used to visually decipher protocol messages. The diagnostic and analyzer strings can be directed to any target system display device, even a serial port or RAM buffer.
- Large response messages can consist of multiple data link frames and multiple application layer fragments.
- Provides support for statistics of communication protocol errors such as bad CRC, invalid synchronization byte, and incorrect frame sequence number to help identify faulty communication lines.
- No royalty fees per unit sold.
DNP3 Outstation Software Library Features
- Database manager maps randomly organized Target Application data points (binaries, controls, integers, floats, etc.) into sequential points within DNP3 object groups.
- Example Database Interface implementations are provided for testing, illustration, and as templates to be used for developing final Database Interface.
- Report-by-Exception data can be automatically generated by configurable scans of Target Application data.
- Supports Virtual Terminal objects for embedding other protocols.
DNP3 Master Software Library Features
- An unlimited number of remote devices can be configured on an unlimited number of communication ports, and new remote devices can be added at runtime.
- Multiple devices can be assigned to the same communication port to support multiple network communication topologies.
- Database manager maps received DNP3 data objects into Target Application data points (binaries, controls, integers, floats, etc.).