SYNC 1700 series â€“ Metering DCU
Smart Metering DCUs are a critical component in any AMI network facilitating data collection, optimization and transport between nodal points and meters to the control centre and the upstream data management systems. DCUs of today need to be flexible and scalable to support various downstream and upstream technologies via self-healing neworks.
Kalkitech SYNC 1700 series are ideally suited for the above application, acting as an LT Metering Data Concentrator Unit intended for data acquisition, transmission and storage of metering data from consumer meters to data center, on request or by push mechanism. The DCU is suited for installation in medium voltage (MV) / low voltage (LV) transformer stations as well as at the customer premises.
SYNC 1700 has numerous plug-in options for connecting meters at the downstream end (LV Power-Line Carrier (PLC) modem / Low Power Radio modem / Serial RS232/485 port). Cellular modem (GPRS/CDMA/PSTN/ WiMAX) and Wide Area Network (via Ethernet/ VSAT) are the options available for upstream communication to central system.
The data concentrator can read meters from pre-loaded and programmable schedules or from spontaneous tasks, initiated by a central system. It can record daily billing data, hourly / daily profile values and events and store locally for periodic / ad-hoc transmission to the central system. The metering DCU can poll data cyclically on a pre-programmed interval or on ad-hoc basis for on-demand / demand scan. The SYNC 1700 is smart-grid ready and supports bi-directional communication for AMI and Demand Response applications, as well as supporting remote configuration and upgrade. The DCU also has enhanced network security features that like dynamic VPN as well as NERC-CIP compliance.
- Bidirectional communication
- Stores upto 2000 meter data for 30 days
- Automatic startup and initialization following power restoration
- Multi-centre system communication capability
- Can support multiple standard and proprietary metering protocols like IEC 62056 / DLMS-COSEM, ANSI C12, etc.
- Customization of existing protocols as well as adding new protocol possible
- Power outage reporting
- Demand Response node for multiple meters
- Remote configuration and firmware update over-the-air (OTA)
- Transparent/tunneling support for remote configuration and update of meter
- Device management using SNMP / web-server
- Manages dynamic IP connection using VPN
- Work for all standard time zone with Day Light Saving (DST) option
- Wide range of power supply
- Customization option available for sub-gigahertz RF modem support
- Internal plug-in modem option for PLC and LPRF for meter communication
- Internal plug-in modem option for GPRS/EDGE/CDMA/3G for central system communication
- Future ready for LTE, WiMAX modem *
- External pluggable option for RF/PSTN modem
- DIN RAIL/Wall mounting option
- IP65 Enclosure *
- IEC 61850-3 compliant hardware to withstand high EMI/EMC
- High MTBF and ruggedness, suited for Utility specific requirements
- NERC-CIP security compliant
- SSL VPN with AES, DES or 3DES encryption