SYNC 2100 series â€“ Intelligent RTU
SYNC 2100 series are compact RTUs with high performance attributes combining IO support, advanced PLC function support and wide range of protocols. With it modular design and enhanced security and EMI/EMI as well as environmental ruggedness, SYNC 2100 is suited for a wide range of application including distribution asset monitoring (RMUs, reclosers, sectionalizers, Distribution transformers, etc.), substation asset monitoring and wind / solar remote monitoring.
SYNC 2100 series of Intelligent Remote Terminal Units (RTUs) are ideal for various T&D I/O monitoring, Distribution Automation and Substation Monitoring applications. The stand-out features of these products include:
- Â Modularity: Â They are modular and can be customized for exact I/O monitoring requirements through the use of DI / DO / AI cards
- Protocol Support: They support a wide range of protocols including IEC 61850, DNP3.0, IEC 60870-101/104 and Modbus, as well as logic (IEC61131-3) and wireless communication interface options (GPRS/CDMA/3G/RF/Zigbee). This means that this single unit can perform multiple functions reducing the need for additional hardware, thus reducing capital costs.
- Low Maintenance Cost: A single device also means minimization ofÂ maintenance, replacement, and inventory costs.
- Rugged: They are rugged enough for substation use and comply with IEC 61850-3 in this regard.
- Latency: They provide improved latency support through time synchronization and goodÂ time stamping resolution. Good latency is important in Distribution Automation applications where millisecond differences could be critical in fault isolation, diagnosis and problem resolution.
Following are the key features:Â
- Enabled with smart grid protocols IEC 60870-101/104, DNP3.0, Modbus and IEC 61850
- Stores last 10,000 events
- Multi-master communication capability (many-to-many protocol conversion capability)
- Local/Remote communication over serial and Ethernet port
- Automatic startup and initialization following power restoration
- Time synchronization using IEC60870/DNP3/SNTP
- Device management using SNMP/webserver
- Time stamping resolution of 1 millisecond
- Device and communication redundancy supported
- Communication security using IEC 62351
- SSL based VPN with AES, DES or 3DES encryption over WAN/LAN
- NERC-CIP security compliant
- IEC 61850-3 compliant hardware
- Remote configuration and software update/FOTA
Scalability and upgradability
- Inbuilt and plug-in I/O support
- Custom card based on the requirementÂ *
- Internal and external pluggable cellular modem (GPRS/EDGE/CDMA/UMTS)
- External pluggable RF modem
- Option for expanding communication port*
* Customized module
- SYNC 2101 with fixed I/Os (max 30 I/O points)
- SYNC 2111 with 4 I/O card expandability (max 64 I/O points)
- SYNC 2121 with 7 I/O card expandability (max 112 I/O points)
SYNC 2101:Built-in card having maximum of 20 DIs, 6DOs and 4AIs. It is ideal for asset monitoring of auto-reclosers, sectionalizers and capacitor banks. SYNC 2101 has numerous variants for outdoor use (high IP based rugged enclosure) as well as features like SMS send on power outage, advanced logic support, etc.
SYNC 2111/2121:These products come with add-on I/O card options, for up to 112 I/O points, of varying combinations of DI, DO and AI. The variants are best suited for applications with Ring Main Unit (RMU), Distribution Transformers, and other assets having medium/ large I/O requirements. All models support a large number of subtation protocols, and are comply to high EMI/EMC standards as defined by IEC61850-3 standards.The SYNC 2111 variant supports a maximum of 4 I/O cards while the SYNC 2121 supports a maximum of 7 cards, which can be any of the combinations of:
- 16 DI Card
- 16 DO Card
- 8 AI Card