SYNC 500 series ‚Äď DLMS COSEM Protocol Library
Kalkitech’s DLMS COSEM (IEC 62056) ANSI C Source Code Libraries are designed to help you support DLMS on your metering hardware within a very short time, with a field proven and conformance tested protocol stack implementation. The libraries are DLMS UA attested and in ANSI C Source Code which can be cross-compiled into your target platform. The Source Code Libraries are available for both Client and Server DLMS-COSEM applications. Pre-compiled object libraries are also available on all major metering chip models, so that the implementation and testing lead time is significantly reduced. Kalkitech’s DLMS Source Code Library has been implemented in more than 50 meter platforms and on numerous metering processors¬†¬†including: (a) Microchip (b) Atmel (c) Freescale (d) Teridian (e) STMicroelectronics.
- ANSI C Code that can run on all ANSI C compilers and processors
- More than 50+ meter implementations
- DLMS UA Attested
- Client and Server Source Code
- Client Test Tools for validating ¬†implementation in the meter or modem
- Subsidized implementation consulting and training provided
- Flexible Licensing for Meters, AMR Software, Hand-Held readers, Modems, Data Concentrators
- Supports Indian DLMS COSEM Companion Standard
Key features of DLMS Source Code Library are:
- DLMS UA attested stack
- Platform independent source files
- Platform specific functionality separated out as a file, with default implementations available for Windows and Linux
- Supports HDLC, TCP/UDP and PRIME PLC communication profiles
- Support for IEC 62056-21 Mode-E implementation
- Memory constraints for embedded system are taken care of
- IEC 61334 and security support as per AES GCM
- Supporting Category A, B, C meters
- Compliance with Indian metering specifications
- Logical Device
Multiple associations may be configured with different Application Contexts, Authentication Mechanisms and Conformance block services:
- Complete OBIS and/or SN list of supported objects supported
- Static Information for each object
- Capture Object lists for Profile
- Configurable Buffer Sizes
- LN/ SN support
- Interface Classes support
Data interface:¬†The Data interface to the Meter consists of a set of functions that are called on receipt of DLMS get/set or actions request from a client (or their SN equivalents). The SCL will process the request, take care of access-privilege checking and call appropriate methods in the data interface.
Integration to Meter data
The SCL as it ships, assumes a typical subset of object attributes to be static. Implementers can modify this subdivision and choose which all attributes of an object need to be dynamic (where values change dynamically and need to be updated from meter) by minor editing in certain source files.
The values for the static attributes of all supported objects are normally filled in the Configuration Interface. If the implementer chooses to modify the static/dynamic subdivision of objects, the implementer will have to modify the static initialization of the objects in the Configuration interface to suit the new arrangement.
The SCL will have a sample implementation to clarify the structure and semantics of each object and it’s supporting structures. The implementer’s role is to edit the initialization of structure variables to suit his requirement. The static information of requested objects will be retrieved by the SCL itself, and the implementer only needs to fill in the dynamic values from meter registers (using Data Interface functions).
COSEM Application Layer
The Protocol stack supports both Short Name (SN) and Logical-Name (LN) referencing with no ciphering.
Supports NO_SECURITY and LOW_LEVEL_SECURTIY mechanisms. HIGH_LEVEL_SECURITY mechanisms can be built in on request.
The stack supports the following featured services in the DLMS Conformance-block.
- SELECTIVE ACCESS
- BLOCK TRANSFER WITH GET
- BLOCK TRANSFER WITH SET
- SN Services
- PARAMETERIZED ACCESS
- Further advanced feature – bits in the conformance block in progress for an upcoming release
- ATTRIBUTE 0 WITH SET
- MULTIPLE REFERENCES
The stack supports the following Interface Classes and their Instantiation:
- EXTENDED REGISTER
- DEMAND REGISTER
- PROFILE GENERIC
- SPECIAL DAYS TABLE
- ACTIVITY CALENDAR
- ASSOCIATION LN
- ASSOCIATION SN
- SAP ASSIGNMENT
- SINGLE ACTION SCHEDULE
- IEC LOCAL PORT SETUP
- MODEM CONFIGURATION
- AUTO ANSWER
- IEC HDLC SETUP CLASS
- TCP-UDP SETUP
- IPV4 SETUP
- ETHERNET SETUP
- GPRS MODEM SETUP
- SMTP SETUP
Kalkitech constantly updates the interface class support on DLMS.
The complete range of standard OBIS Codes related to the above-mentioned Interface Classes can be configured in to the system.
Addressing: Supports 1 -byte, 2-byte and 4-byte addressing
- Supports Inactivity, Inter-frame and Response timeouts
- DLMS COSEM Indian Companion Specification Support
Indian Companion Specification Support
- Tamper Table Support
- Security Support
- GPRS Profile Support for R-APDRP
- Consulting and Training for adopting Indian Companion Specification.
DLMS / IEC 62056 Consulting and Development Services
- Project Startup Assistance
- External Reviews
- Knowledge transfer and training
- Protocol Implementation Design Document (PID)
- API requirements for customer systems and architecture
- Designing of specific interfaces based on the current H/W and S/W setup
- Validation Testing
- DLMS/ IEC 62056 Validation and Training
Preparing Test Plan
- Conformance Testing
- Training (Basic and Detailed)
- DLMS/ IEC 62056 Life Cycle Support after development
Interoperability Testing on site
- Consultancy and Problem investigation service at factory and customer sites
- Turnkey Protocol Implementation, Validation and Life Cycle Support
- Turnkey DLMS/ IEC 62056 Implementation Kalkitech undertakes turnkey IEC 62056 Client and Server protocol implementation on your SCADA, RTU’s, IED’s, PLC’s, Meters, Kalkitech’s implementation ensures complete compliance with the standards and conformance test specifications.
Kalkitech provides an easy upgrade path for Meter OEMs to implement DLMS protocol in their existing / new meters by providing a DLMS Server Source Code/ Object Library (ANSI C).