Kalkitech offers services for development, deployment and operation of communication hardware and firmware solutions including service level guarantees and life-time support through dedicated Development Centers for OEMs and end-customers. This center with dedicated resources for each client, provides life-time development, upgrade, maintenance, installation and field support to protocol hardware and software.
Kalkitech has completed a number of protocol implementation projects for various OEMs, including implementation of new protocol stacks, upgrading the legacy devices by adding new communication interfaces. The team takes complete responsibility of the protocol implementation including design of native interfaces in customer devices, development of the required configuration tool, implementation of protocol stack and final certification from any external testing agency. Kalkitech has been actively working with various standard bodies worldwide and has strong domain knowledge in Energy and Power Industry. The Integration services team of Kalkitech utilizes this rich experience in implementing protocol stacks and developing communication interfaces.
Kalkitech does implementation for protocols like DLMS, IEC 61850, DNP3, IEC 60870-5-101, IEC 60870-5-103, IEC 60870-5-104 and proprietary protocols. The salient features of the protocol implementation are listed below:
- Use of industry proven source code libraries
- Support for standard protocols and proprietary protocols
- Extensive use of test tools for verification
- Optional conformance testing for implemented protocols
- User friendly configuration application for the protocol driver integration
- Deliverables include drivers designed to run on customer device, Windows based Configuration utility which generates the configuration and mapping file, Design documentation and User manual for most protocols
- Certification assistance on select protocols like DLMS, IEC 61850
- Development of Serial and Ethernet based communication drivers with standard interfaces like DDE, OPC
- OPC DA, AE support
- Use of standard toolkits for development of drivers
Our strength includes expertise in:
Generation, Transmission, Distribution, Distributed Energy Resources.
- Tools and Technologies:
MS Visual Studio 6, MS Visual Studio 2008, Code Warrior, KEIL, Windriver Tornado, IAR Workbench, QNX Momentics, Eclipse, NetBeans, C, C++, C#, Java.
- Communication Media:
Ethernet, TCP/IP, UDP, Serial RS232, Serial RS485, PLC, GPRS, GSM, RF / Zigbee, I2C, Hardware I/O, SPI.
- Devices / Interfaces:
Protection Relays, Substation Gateways, Meters, Merging Unit, SCADA, DCS.
- Operating Systems:
Linux 2.6 or higher, QNX 6.3.2 or higher, HP UNIX, Ubuntu, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server Variants, Windows 7, EmbOS, VxWorks 6.0, ThreadX, RT Linux, Vax VMS.
We support consultancy and implementation services for a variety of protocols. Some of the key ones are as listed below:
- ABB SPA
- ABB RP570
- ANSI C 12.xx
- Alstom Courier
- ICCP (IEC 60870-6, TASE.2)
- IEC 61850
- IEC 60870-5-101
- IEC 60870-5-102
- IEC 60870-5-103
- IEC 60870-5-104
- IEEE C37.118
- UCA 2.0
- Other Custom Protocols
Typical Projects include:
- IEC61850 Server interface of a substation protection equipment for a major Indian OEM
- IEC61850 Client development for a US based SCADA
- DNP3 implementation for a data concentrator deployed in US
- Merging unit firmware for a Canadian OEM
- IEC 104 implementation for an international RTU OEM
- IEC 101 firmware interface development for RTU
- IEC 103 integration for a Indian OEM protection equipment
- Data concentrator application for a Meter Interface Unit
- Addition of ICCP interface for a substation specific SCADA from major International OEM
- OPC Server and Client development for a SCADA used in pipeline domain
- WITS adapter for an international OEM controller
- DLMS protocol firmware development for various Electric / Gas Meters
- ANSI C interface for an international Meter OEM
- AMR Meter reading adapters for a Swedish AMR system
- Meter reading applications for various vendor specific meters supporting standard protocols
- Proprietary protocol implementation for custom gateways