EMS For Auxiliary Equipments
Power industry stake holders focus on effective utilization of the available energy to fulfill energy needs and simultaneously comply with regulatory mechanism and environmental aspects. Thus along with the BTG optimization for a power plant, energy efficiency management of auxiliary equipments in a power plant also becomes of at most importance because of the saving potential and the improvement it brings to the maintenance of critical equipments ensuring high availability at their maximum efficiency. Kalkitech's solution is based on its power plant optimization software ELTRIX. The ELTRIX EMS module provides power plant energy managers and maintenance engineers with an online platform for optimizing specific energy consumption of power plant auxiliaries to reduce energy bills, increase energy export, increase productivity, reduce energy imports, reduce operation and maintenance costs.
ELTRIX is a dynamic model based software application which use process parameters and energy consumption for assessment of equipment wise energy efficiency analysis in real time. Multi unit configurable dynamic model is designed as an intuitive and easy to use model editing tool with the added power of objectives with dynamic attributes. The different modules in the EMS systems and their key functionalities are given below
ELTRIX EMS communication interfaces acquire process parameters from DCS, SCADA, PLC, plant historian and communicate with energy meters. Specific Energy Consumption of each equipment is calculated. Equipment design parameters, tag database details, alarm limits, energy meter details, corrections, unit conversions and communication parameters are configured using EMS Configurator Module. Individual auxiliary has inbuilt calculation set which is editable.
Data Validation and Reconciliation (DVR) Module of ELTRIX EMS application continuously validate the data and substitute it if any discrepancy is found.
The Analysis Module of the ELTRIX EMS application continuously compare / correlate the actual specific energy consumption pattern with the optimum pattern by simulating the equipment loading pattern with the established reference of individual equipment or process variables. Based on optimum analysis the system provides suggestions to the operators for suitable set points and mode of operation.
Equipment loading is continuously tracked for any deviations in key performance parameter.
Eltrix Web Portal provides web based displays to energy managers and plant managers with dashboards of KPIs, real time displays, alarms, reports, charts and graphs for understanding the energy consumption from a totally new perspective.
Some of the key functions are:
- Monitor and Control Specific Energy Consumption plant equipment and its auxiliaries
- Monitor key process parameter linked to equipment performance and degradation
- Attain high accuracy inputs / outputs through DVR module
- Disaggregate the energy consumption data and identify major energy consuming equipment / section / process
- Simple drag and drop configuration for equipment model creation
- Configuration of Multiple units
- Simplified energy cost assessment
- Creating virtual device to summarize the consumption for all energy meters
- Forecasting of equipment loading pattern
- Provides preventive maintenance advice
- Dynamic Dashboard - Equipment wise KPI charts, simple calculation tables, energy rate diagrams, histograms
- Provides trend based continuous information on Energy consumption pattern in online
- Web based Monitoring System
- Tracking impact of process parameter deviation on specific energy consumption
- Standard based integration with multiple devices and process control systems
Key customer benefits include:
- Improving energy efficiency
- Identifying energy saving opportunities
- Ensuring economic and environmental benefit along with fulfillment of statutory compliance
- Minimizing energy losses by applying suggested equipment loading pattern
- Providing Annual Energy Consumption return for e-filling
- Online Monitoring of Sp. Energy Consumption of individual auxiliary equipments
- Improving equipment performance through guided preventive maintenance
The power plant equipments covered under ELTRIX EMS module includes:
- Boiler Feed Pump (BFP)
- Condensate Extraction Pump (CEP)
- CW Pump (CWP)
- ID Fan
- FD Fan
- PA Fan
- Cooling Tower Fans
- Air Compressors
- Ash handling plant
- Coal handling plant
- Raw water pump
- DM water pump
- Air Conditioning systems
- ESP and Its Auxiliaries