IEC 61850 based Substation Automation
- Protocol Gateways ( Protocol Converters) for IEC 61850
Kalkitech IEC61850 Converters and Gateways have been widely used in applications like Meter, RTU, Relay reading, Autorecloser, and Transformer monitoring and have capabilities like M2M VPN communication over GPRS/GSM/CDMA.With a list of more than 50 standard and proprietary protocols including DNP3, IEC 60870, DLMS. Kalkitech Gateways can support virtually any-to-any conversion. This guarantees maximum interoperability for legacy devices through IEC 61850, or any other new protocol.
- Embedded Modules for IEC 61850
Kalkitech SYNC OEM offers IEC61850 as well as virtually any other substation protocol to be implemented in any hardware platforms including RTUs, Numerical Relays, FRTUs, Energy Meters and Data Concentrators.For more information on Kalkitech SYNC 200, please visit SYNC 200
- Data Concentrators for IEC 61850
Kalkitech SYNC Data Concentrators are highly scalable and are available in numerous variants to suit the market needs and price points. Kalkitech SYNC 2000 and SYNC 3000 range of products are proven high performance Substation DCUs and Front End Gateways for large data point concentration.
- Substation Engineering Software – IEC 61850 SCL Manager
Kalkitech IEC 61850 SCL Manager is a comprehensive graphical tool that allows user to create, configure, view and edit all the substation elements and its data models as specified in Substation Configuration Language specification of IEC 61850. SCL Manager enables users to configure a Substation and helps in making substations IEC 61850 compliant.
- Source Code Libraries for IEC 61850
Kalkitech is the value-added reseller for SISCO’s MMS-EASE Lite, which is a flexible source code implementation supporting IEC 61850 client and server functions that has been optimized for use in Intelligent Electronic Devices (IEDs) such as Relays, RTUs, Autoreclosers, PLCs and Meters
- OPC Servers for IEC 61850
Kalkitech provides IEC 61850 OPC adaptors that enable windows based applications to communicate with the field devices directly through serial, ethernet or modem channel in standard industrial protocols in real time basis and convert the data in OPC format.
IEC 61850 based substation engineering
Major Functions implemented:
- IEC 61850 Local Communication and IEC870-5-101, IEC870-5-104 communication with Dispatch Center on VSAT, PLCC
- IEC 61850 Local Communication and Modbus communication with DCS
- IEC 61850, IEC 103, DNP3, Courier, SPA and LON Communication with OEM relays
- Dynamic SLDs and breaker control
- Time Synchronization using SNTP
- Disturbance uploading and analysis
- Inter-bay interlocks
- IED Setting and Configuration
- SCADA engineering of major OEMs like MicroSCADA Pro, SICAMPAS, WinCC, iFIX, Intouch, ClearSCADA
- Engineering using major vendor and IED manufacturer independent 61850 engineering tools
- Site survey
- Communication, Configurations and Testing
- Factory Acceptance Test
- Site installation, testing and commissioning
- Substation Automation System for 220 / 400 kV Transmission Substation for a State transmission Utility in India
- Substation Automation system for Hydro Power Plant (4 projects) in India
- Substation Automation system for Thermal Power Plant (3 projects) in India
- Substation Automation system for Steel Plant (3 projects) in India
- Substation Automation System for 400/230/20 kV Transmission Substation for a major Transmission Company in Western Asia
- Substation Automation System for 220/400 kV Transmission Substation for a major Transmission Company in India
- Substation Automation System for 220/132/66 kV Substations for European OEM (9 Projects)
IEC 61850 Implementation Consulting
- In general, there are two phases for implementation consulting.
- Road map identification of products based on its application and domain;
- Design and development stage which realizes the final product.
- Kalkitech helps its customers to go through both of these stages smoothly without troubling them with protocol related aspects.
- Site Survey and system study
- Substation automation system architecture design
- Design of Networking and communication
- I/O list and Tag naming convention
- Design of Control center communication as per IEC 60870-5-104 and IEC 60870-5-101 standards.
- Specification of requirements for IEC 61850 compliant SAS (Substation Automation System) and IEDs
- Data sheet and BOM for SAS systems and sub-systems
- Ergonomic design of control center and control desk
- Modification requirements for existing station to comply the IEC 61850 standards
- Costing for the entire SAS system
IEC 61850 Training
Kalkitech helps Customers including Utilities in the familiarization of IEC 61850 Standards Protocol, latest enhancements, and related technologies, by conducting Events, Trainings and Workshops based on market requirements. Kalkitech offers both Protocol and Implementation Trainings to Customers – both OEMs and Utilities.
Implementation using SISCO's MMSLITE
Kalkitech is a value added reseller for one of the leading Source Code Library for IEC 61850 – SISCO's MMSLITE. Having more than 7 years of experience in working with MMSLITE, Kalkitech Engineers helps Customers to understand in and out of MMSLITE in a short time. Kalkitech has implemented all flavors of IEC68150 protocol in various OEM Products using MMSLITE. This makes us a good choice for giving Source Code Library Implementation Training. Following is the Standard 2 Day MMSLITE Implementation Training which we offer.
- IEC 61850 Client
To gather IEC 61850 Status data from remote Server systems and issue Controls. Applicable for Station Level Systems like SCADA, DCS and Bay Level Systems like Data Concentrator, Bay Controller Unit.
- IEC 61850 Server
To report IEC61850 data and facilitate management of local functionality to Client Systems. Applicable for Bay Level IEDs like Relay, RTU, Bay Controller Unit.
- IEC GOOSE Publisher / Subscriber
Applicable for Bay Level IEDs who are interested in exchanging fast and priority events and control between other Bay Level IEDs. Protocol Packet uses VLAN priority tagging.
- IEC SMV Publisher / Subscriber
To Send and Receive Digital Sampled Value data. Applicable for Bay Level IEDs who monitors CT / PT information, and Process Level Devices who samples analog signals and convert them to Digital Sampled Value Packets.