Energy utilities today are at a technological inflection point. With the advent of sophisticated IT solutions, and increasing penetration of automation and control in the operation of critical systems, utilities have been able to tackle some pressing issues like grid integration of distributed energy resources, grid islanding and automatic fault analysis, and self-healing automated meter reading networks.
Communication and control flow now occur through various systems cutting across generation, transmission and distribution. Connecting this to the consumer and involving the market operator and service provider helps enable the Smart Grid.
Utilities stand to gain immensely through harnessing the power of the Smart Grid to achieve symbiotic optimization of resources across various stakeholders. Dynamic monitoring and control improves grid availability and stability, and optimizes energy production, transport and consumption. Kalkitech is at the heart of this Smart Grid play, with numerous proven solutions for generation optimization as well as T&D automation.
Kalkitech has vast experience working with global generation, transmission and distribution companies. ¬†At least one of the top three transmission/distribution utilities in Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, India and Australia markets is a Kalkitech client. This geographical and application domain depth underlines Kalkitech’s expertise in Smart Grid solutions, helping end customers execute technology leading projects with improved reliability, scalability and project costs.
Kalkitech provides communication and optimization solutions across the Generation, Transmission and Distribution segments including:
Kalkitech products have a large reference base across more than 70 countries, where they are being used for critical monitoring and analysis applications in substations, control centers and in the field:
Products for Generation sector:
- Plant Performance Optimization and Diagnostics (ELTRIX POD)
- Power Plant Monitoring (ELRIX PPM)
- Economic Generation (ELTRIX EG)
- Generation Management¬† (ELTRIX GM)
Products for Transmission sector:
- Substation Compact RTU (SYNC 2100)
- Substation Protocol Gateway (SYNC 2000)
- Substation DCU (SYNC 3000)
- Phasor Data Concentrator (SYNC 4000)
- Grid Metering Head End System (SYNC 5000)
- IEC 61850 Substation Configuration Tool (SYNC 6000)
Products for Distribution sector:
Kalkitech is one of the world’s leading players in energy protocol engineering and consultancy, and has provided project design, execution and implementation consultancy to leading utilities around the world. Kalkitech protocol and communication expertise covers:
- IEC 61850
- DLMS (IEC 62056)
- ICCP (IEC 60870-6)
- IEEE C37.118
- CIM (IEC 61970)
- DNP 3.0
- IEC 60870-5-101/103/104
- Zigbee / RF
- Power Line Carrier Communication (PRIME)
- IPv6 based mesh networking
- IEC 61131
Kalkitech also provides in-house and customer-specific training on all the above mentioned technologies.
Services for T&D Automation-
- Product Design, Engineering, Certification services (hardware / firmware / software)
- Protocol Training and Consultancy (IEC 61850, DNP3, ICCP, IEC 60870-5)
- Field Services (SCADA, Manpower services)
Services for Advanced Metering-